4 slices of sourdough, toasted
Mint leaves, to serve
FOR THE BROAD BEAN PURÉE
150g frozen broad beans
1 white onion, diced
½ tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper, to taste
FOR THE ROASTED ASPARAGUS SPEARS
1 bunch of asparagus
Drizzle of balsamic glaze
Broad Bean, Asparagus and Mint Tartine
This makes a very pretty lunch. A tartine is a French open sandwich – if you’re hungry, use extra slices of toast to make closed sandwiches. Under 550 calories.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/gas mark 4.
2. First make the broad bean pur.e. Simmer the beans in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes until tender. Drain.
3. In a pan over a medium heat, fry the onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant and soft. Tip into a blender along with the broad beans, lemon zest and juice and blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Next, roast the asparagus. Spread the asparagus out over a baking tray and drizzle with the balsamic glaze, then roast in the oven for 10 minutes, until soft and slightly caramelised.
5. Toast the sourdough, spread with the broad bean puree, pile with the asparagus and tear over the mint leaves.